For when the mask comes off....

Hey You,

How are ya? I've been thinking about you a lot lately. 

There's a lot happening in the world right now. A lot.

It's hard to know exactly where the safe spaces are. There's disappointment around every corner it seems. And the heartbreak is very valid and very real. People aren't who they say they are anymore. The greedy rule how we live and see the world. It seems very bleak.

People we used to see as role models, because their message was important, are taking off their masks of social justice and claiming "normalcy", to be seen as "normal humans" this comes either before or after their shitty decisions. And now we're seeing their indifference for the sake of novelty and status. 

What is being human? What is being normal? 

Normal is a lie, sold by corporations, and now is an excuse to be a prick. But what is being human?

I don't know. I'll give you my best understanding, granted there's still so much for me to learn and experience. 

It seems to me that being human is about growth. We make our own purpose. We're shaped by the lens of our upbringing. And if we're lucky enough to see the lense for what it is, we can think a bit more rationally. We learn through mistakes, we learn through others mistakes, and if we don't learn someone else is learning from us; how to be, how not to be. And we need healthy connection to survive, and grow.

That's my best take.

I'm in the undercurrent of realization. The waves are rough, but my heart is grounded in my growth and dedication to be and do better. I'm not perfect, I'm not by any means "normal." And I'm very aware that I'm fallible. 

I hope that through this mass unmasking of the "greats" you find your safe space. That you are seen and your voice is heard. 

Your exsistence is enough to be worthy of peace and love. And when we stand together in unity we are a force to be reckoned with.

All my love,
Amber




Comments